Google search

Custom Search

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back Again

It's been a long time since I posted to this blog. Life raising 3 girls can get your mind on other things. The major thing at the moment is trying to explain to a 10 year old Autistic girl all about puberty and menstral cycles.

Still not sure how to handle this one. I have signed up my daughter for the puberty class at school and we shall see. Luckily she is high functioning. I have looked to many other places including doctors to try and discover a way to explain this to her, but to no avail. It's as if I am the first one with a female Autistic. It's more than frustrating.

You can bet as I go through this with her I will posting updates as they happen followed by a final report. Hopefully someone else will go looking for an answer and actually get one.

Raising a child is hard enough. Raising one with Autism, is infinatly harder. Answers to our questions are paramount. When we look around and get no responce it's very easy to feel alone and lost. Hopefully here there will some answers.

My daughter will go through this class the 18th I believe. Look back here for a full report on what happened and the reaction she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment